Caring for Calluses at Home
Sometimes Halloween décor isn’t the only frightening thing to look at this time of year. After a summer of activity, parts of your feet may end up with rough, thick areas that can rival the bumpiest of fall gourds! Not to worry, though. If calluses are making your feet look and feel a little rough, we’ve got some home remedies to share that will take your feet from ghoulish to gorgeous!
It’s important to note, however, that caring for calluses at home is only recommended for those without underlying conditions that can increase risk of infection. If you have circulatory problems or diabetes, it’s vital that you do not try home remedies for calluses, but rather make an appointment with us so we can safely address the problem.
If you do not have underlying issues, well then give these tricks to treat your feet a try:
- Soak your feet in warm water -- add a few drops of lavender to boost the soothing power of your potion!
- Pat your feet dry and gently rub a pumice stone over rough areas using a circular motion.
- Apply a moisturizer to the newly smoothed skin. At night, slip on socks afterward to hold the moisture in as you sleep.
- Another trick? Replace the warm water in your foot soak with warm olive oil and vinegar instead – it’s not just for salads anymore! This combination is great for loosening up thick layers to be smoothed away afterward with a pumice stone.
- Raid your pantry again. This time grab some salt along with the olive oil to make your own foot scrub. Simply mix the ingredients together and rub on rough patches – it works wonders!
For more tips on caring for calluses, or to make an appointment so we can help “smooth things over,” call Dr. Harvey Danciger today at (760) 568-0108. We’ll be happy to get your feet looking and feeling great in time for fall fun! For more foot care tricks, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+!
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Caring for Calluses at Home"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."