Circulation Boosting Tips
Improve your health with proper circulation
If you have poor circulation, a combination of factors could be causing it. How well blood flows to your legs and feet can be inhibited by something simple or a serious underlying condition. No matter what the cause is, having good circulation is extremely important to your overall health.
Palm Desert, CA foot specialist, Dr. Harvey Danciger treats patients with poor circulation on a regular basis. Some of the more common risk factors include: stress, poor diet, lack of exercise and diseases such as diabetes. It is important to know what is causing your poor circulation in the first place. After that is diagnosed, Dr. Danciger can help you develop a plan to boost your circulation and prevent injury.
What can I do to improve my circulation?
The good news is that poor circulation can be improved in many different ways that will not inhibit or dampen your lifestyle. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Smoking constricts your blood vessels and causes them to harden. Avoiding or quitting smoking altogether will greatly improve your circulation.
- Make an effort to lose extra weight and change a sedentary lifestyle as both negatively impact circulation.
- Limit high-fat foods and increase intake of foods rich in anti-oxidants, which provide elasticity to your blood vessels.
- Massage legs and feet to increase blood flow.
- Bathe feet by alternating between hot and cold water as this stimulates circulation.
- Talk to your podiatrist about any possible medications and supplements.
Dr. Danciger treats many patients with diabetes who need to diligently monitor circulation health. If you are having circulation problems or find that self-treatment is not helping, please come in and see us. You can make an appointment today by calling (760) 568-0108 or visit us online.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Circulation Boosting Tips"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."