Good News for People With Diabetes
Dr. Harvey Danciger
Although diabetes has been on the rise in past years, and most likely will continue to reach new percentages in years to come, there is some good news to be excited about. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have discovered through case counts that people who have been diagnosed with diabetes are dying at lower rates than in past years and decades.
How is this possible? Researchers are saying treatment for heart disease, and conditions that are related to diabetes have improved with further technology developments that are more efficient for treatment. Also, healthy lifestyle changes in people with diabetes are making a difference and are resulting in lower diabetes death rates.
Heart disease is a monumental cause for death and those that are diagnosed with diabetes have a greatly increased chance for contracting the condition. With improved forms of treatment, death can be prevented. Besides medical treatment, a healthy lifestyle is encouraged, and it can start with your diet. Lowering your cholesterol is the main goal to prevent build up on your artery walls, which will worsen heart disease.
Maintain healthy cholesterol by following this healthy diet plan recommended by Podiatrist Harvey Danciger.
- Avoid tropical fats such as palm or coconut oils.
- Try and reduce the amount of fat in cooking.
- Choose whole grained breads, cereals, and cut down on the amount of refined flour products you intake.
- When it comes to dairy products, stick to low-fat.
- Increase the amount of fruits and vegetables you eat daily.
- When it comes to protein, cut down on the red meat, and instead substitute more fish or white meat chicken. Other healthy sources of protein can come from beans and tofu.
Take action to manage your diabetes, and to keep your heart healthy, by incorporating a healthy diet into your life! For more information about heart disease and diabetes, visit www.diabetes.org, or contact our office to set up an appointment with Dr. Danciger to discuss a management plan that is right for you.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Good News for People With Diabetes"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."