Healthy Living for your Summer Lifestyle
With backyard barbeques, tempting ice cream shops, and lounging by the beach or pool, summer can make it easy to forget about your exercise regimen. Instead it can have you opting out of healthy foods for the classic summer comfort ones.
To help you stay on track with your health and fitness, Dr. Harvey Danciger provides these easy simple tips to incorporate into your summer habits. They can easily adjust your lifestyle to one that is healthy and easy to maintain.
- Add summer berries to your daily diet. Take advantage of in-season fruit such as blueberries, strawberries, or blackberries by adding a cup of them to your diet each day. Berries provide antioxidants, which will help prevent tissue damage and prevent age-related illnesses. They also are rich in fiber to keep cholesterol levels low and can even help prevent some cancers from developing.
- Stress less. Summer activities, such as gardening, can greatly improve your stress level. These activities can help you feel more “grounded” mentally and relieve both physical and mental stress.
- Floss every day. Now is a great time to start! Flossing reduces oral bacteria, which gives your body more resources to fight bacteria elsewhere.
- Exercise outside. Use the great weather that summer brings to get outside and participate in an activity such as hiking, playing games, cycling or swimming.
- Protect your eyes. To protect your vision, always wear sunglasses outdoors to block damaging sun rays that can cause cataracts and wrinkles around the eyes.
- Take a vacation. Use some of that time off of work to take a summer vacation to help unwind and relax you. Vacations can lower your blood pressure, heart rate and stress hormones which contribute to widening your waist size.
- Go light on the alcohol. Popular summer drinks include beer, wine spritzer and sangria, all of which are refreshing drinks that are light on the alcohol to protect against heart disease.
- Get Sleep. It can be easy to stay up late on summer nights, but it’s important to stick to a regular sleep routine with a goal of 8 hours each night.
To boost your health this summer, try one of Dr. Danciger’s tips, or try them all! Are there any simple tips that you use in your summer lifestyle to help you stay healthy? Please share by commenting below!
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Healthy Living for your Summer Lifestyle"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."