Q What are the Signs or Symptoms of Peripheral Neuropathy?
The signs or symptoms of peripheral neuropathy can vary depending on which nerves are involved. One can have a:
- Sharp-electric like sensations type pain
- Burning pain
- Loss of feeling
- Extremes of sensitivity to temperature changes or to touch
- Heat intolerance
- There can be a lack of coordination if the muscles are involved
- Muscle weakness
- Possible bowel, bladder or digestive problems
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
If you are feeling any of these symptoms, you may have peripheral neuropathy and should be evaluated. See Dr. Harvey Danciger for an evaluation. Contact us today at (760) 568-0108.