You need your feet to last you a lifetime. If your feet are in pain, you can’t work, or play, or do any of the things you need or want to do. But how do you keep them healthy for the long haul?
There are too many tips to mention, but here are some of the big ones:
- Eat right. A healthy diet doesn’t just keep your waist slim; it also nourishes and strengthens the nerves, muscles, bones, and other tissues in your feet and ankles.
- Wear practical, comfortable shoes. Avoid heels and flip flops.
- Thoroughly wash and dry your feet every day, and change socks and shoes as frequently as necessary to avoid fungal infections.
- Inspect your feet every day for cuts, scrapes, swelling, or other problems, especially if you have diabetes.
- Make an appointment with your podiatrist as the first sign of any trouble—proactive care is by far the best strategy to keep feet healthy and avoid long-term issues.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. Harvey Danciger in Palm Desert, CA, please give our office a call at 760-568-0108.