A podiatrist is a doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating foot and ankle problems. Dr. Harvey Danciger is a podiatrist primarily serving patients in the Coachella Valley, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage, Indian Wells, and the rest of the Southern California area. Dr. Danciger has been a practicing podiatrist for over 30 years and has extensive knowledge and experience treating foot problems such as bunions, plantar fasciitis, ingrown toenails, warts, corns, hammertoes, heel spurs, toenail fungus, and other injuries or conditions.
Podiatrists are in demand more than ever today because of a rapidly aging population. In addition, according to the association, foot disorders are among the most widespread and neglected health problems affecting people in this country.
Why would I go to a Podiatrist?
Patients who go to a podiatrist are usually having problems with chronic foot pain or foot related injuries. Lots of people don't realize this, but foot pain is never normal; if your feet hurt, there's a reason. Whether you have flat feet, high arches, or are just wearing the wrong shoes, we want to help you find a way to feel good again.
Who are the most common patients for a podiatrist?
Diabetics often visit podiatrists because diabetes is a disease that causes lots of complications in a patient's feet. The complications can occur without the patient even knowing because of a condition called neuropathy (loss of feeling in feet.)
Other patients might experience consistent heel pain for unknown reasons. If you've ever gotten out of bed in the morning and your feet hurt, you might have something called plantar fasciitis. This condition is painful and often goes untreated. Without treatment, the condition will get worse, which is why it's important to see a doctor about treatment options.
Bunions are another reason a lots of patients visit a podiatrist. Bunions can be brought on by both genetics and foot neglect over time. Many types of shoes for women can encourage the development of bunions such as high heels and tight pointed shoes. Podiatrists like Dr. Danciger can perform surgery to remove painful bunions.
What services to podiatrists offer?
- Discuss with patients and other physicians on how to prevent foot problems.
- Diagnose and treat tumors, ulcers, fractures, skin and nail diseases, and deformities.
- Perform surgeries to correct or remedy such problems as bunions, clawtoes, fractures, hammertoes, infections, ruptured Achilles, and other ligaments and tendons.
- Prescribe therapies and perform diagnostic procedures such as ultrasound and lab tests.
- Prescribes or fits patients with inserts called orthotics that correct walking patterns.
- Treat conditions such as: bone disorders, bunions, corns, calluses, cysts, heel spurs, infections, ingrown nails, and plantar fasciitis.
If you are stuggling with a painful condition affecting your feet or ankles, call Palm Desert podiatrist, Dr. Harvey Danciger today at (760) 568-0108 to schedule an appointment.